Get Gifs at CodemySpace.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

SURPRISE AND DISBELIEFS



Surprise or disbeliefs is : 

  1. a feeling that we feel when we heard an amazing news which surprised and amazed us 
  2. an expression that we show/say when we know/hear/see something that rather difficult to believe 
  3. used to express something that we can’t or impossible.

Surprise is a brief emotional state experienced as the result of an unexpected significant event. Surprise can have any valence; that is, it can be neutral, pleasant, or unpleasant. If a person experiences a very powerful or long lasting surprise it may be considered shock.






Surprise is expressed in the face by the following features:

  1. Eyebrows that are raised so they become curved and high. 
  2. Stretched skin below the eyebrows. 
  3. Horizontal wrinkles across the forehead. 
  4. Open eyelids: the upper lid is raised and the lower lid is drawn down, often exposing the white sclera above and below the iris. 
  5. Dropped jaw so that the lips and teeth are parted, with no tension around the mouth. 

To express surprises :
  • Wow! What a surprise! 
  • That’s a surprise! 
  • (Well), that’s very surprising! 
  • Really? 
  • What? 
  • Are you serious? You must be joking! 
  • You’re kidding! 
  • Fancy that! 
  • I must say it surprises me. 
  • I find that hard to believe. 

How To Responds Surprises :
  • Yeah! 
  • It is. 
  • Yup! 
  • Sure. 
  • It’s true. 
  • I’m Serious. 
  • No. I’m not. 
  • Does it? 
  • It is, isn’t it? 

Examples :
Maya : Whose BlackBerry is that?
Wija : It’s Yiyi’s
Maya : Are you kidding me?
Wija : No, I’m not.
          I saw her playing that Handphone this morning.
Maya : What a surprise!


Disbeliefs is a state of the mind in which one is fully persuaded that an opinion, assertion, or doctrine is not true; refusal of assent, credit, or credence; denial of belief.

 



To Express Disbelief
  • I don’t believe it. 
  • It can’t be true. 
  • I can’t think of it. 
  • I don’t trust you. 
  • I don’t believe you. 
  • I can’t believe this! 
  • I didn’t know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment